SERVICE & SUPPORT
PRINTING WITH TOUGH TEX
One of the most difficult types of printing jobs in sheetfed offset is printing non-absorbing materials with conventionally drying inks (i.e. without any application of forced drying). However using the right materials and following the right procedure will enable the printer to obtain perfect results in both quality and efficiency.
10 Practical tips for offset printing on non-absorbing materials:
1. Do not use any additives in the dampening solution, which contain anti-piling elements.
2. If alcohol is being used in the dampening solution, dosage should be 8 to 12%.
3. Ph of the dampening solution should be 4.8 to 5.5.
4. Preferably, sheetfed offset machines with separated ink/water units should be used.
5. During printing, set water dampening as poor as possible. The more water is used, the longer
6. Use only substrates that are suitable for offset printing. We recommend testing this suitability
7. Choose Tough Tex, a conventionally drying offset ink (drying by oxidation) which is
8. When using Tough Tex ink, NEVER STOP THE PRINTING MACHINE FOR MORE THEN 30
9. For extra gloss or protection of the printed result, an oil based overprint varnish can be used.
10. Application of spray powder, to avoid setting off, is advisable in normal dosage.